Marc-Ingegno brake parts....

H. Paul Shuch is a Light Sport Repairman with Maintenance ratings for airplanes, gliders, weight shift control, and powered parachutes, as well as an independent Rotax Maintenance Technician at the Heavy Maintenance level. He holds a PhD in Air Transportation Engineering from the University of California, and serves as Director of Maintenance for AvSport of Lock Haven.

Moderator: drseti

proemer

Marc-Ingegno brake parts....

Post by proemer »

I had to order some brake pads from Italy. Cost about $150 for 4 pads for the Magnesium calipers as used on the Sky Arrow.

Email: [email protected]

Pete
drseti

Re: Marc-Ingegno brake parts....

Post by drseti »

Can you let me know where you ordered them, Pete? I'm maintaining a Sky Arrow, and want to keep a spare set of brake pads on hand.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
drseti

Post by drseti »

Never mind. I extracted their domain from the email address, and found their website.
The opinions posted are those of one CFI, and do not necessarily represent the FAA or its lawyers.
Prof H Paul Shuch
PhD CFII DPE LSRM-A/GL/WS/PPC iRMT
AvSport LLC, KLHV
[email protected]
AvSport.org
facebook.com/SportFlying
SportPilotExaminer.US
FastEddieB

Post by FastEddieB »

Thanks for that. Less than I thought I had been quoted elsewhere.

At 600 hrs I’m still on my original pads. Plus I have another set with at least 50% life, given to me by a fellow who had converted to Matcos on a Flight Design CT.

I also bought some linings almost exactly the right size and shape and have toyed with the idea drilling holes and riveting them on when the time is right. As an EXPERIMENT of course! But at that price it might not be worth the hassle to mess with.
Fast Eddie B.
Sky Arrow 600 E-LSA • N467SA
CFI, CFII, CFIME
[email protected]
proemer

Post by proemer »

Price with shipping was: EUR 134,95. Took only about 5 days to arrive. Communication was a little slow and the payment thing was in Italian...
was simple enough to figure out.

Pete
rcpilot

Post by rcpilot »

Hmm. My Czech built Zenith 601 had Marc Ingegno brakes. I elected to just have them replaced with Matcos. A pricey option especially since apparently the landing gear design has changed since the kits were built in the Czech Republic. My mechanic had to have some parts made to get the Matco's to fit. It use to always be a challenge to keep the plane still while doing the run-up on the Rotax 912 but the new brakes work much better.